Friday, October 19, 2007

Moms Group



Okay so today was a fun day. I was invited by my friend Stacy to go to a moms group thru her church. I was a little nervous about going, meeting new people and all, but it was a lot of fun and I felt like a lot of the moms were dealing with a lot of the same things I am going thru. It made me feel better. It was also easier since Stacy was there with me so at least I knew one person.

I dropped Addy off at the nursery where two women watch the kids. I was worried about her, but I know she would have fun with all the toys and the kids. I didn't hear her crying or anything so I thought all was good. We were in our group for about an hour and a half, come back to find Addy in the arms of one of the women. The minute she saw me she jumped out of her lap and cried for me. It was hard to see her like that, but I know it is good for her to play with other kids when I am not there. She is always used to seeing me there though.
Even though I know someday I will have to take her to preschool and leave her, I still get sad since I am used to being with her all the time. Though I know it was good for me to have that time alone for myself. I know it is only healthy. I am looking forward to attending the group again.

2 comments:

stacy said...

I am so excited that you came today! Can't wait for Sunday.

The Olson Family said...

Mommy's groups are super!! I plan to attend some too!! My husband goes back to work on Monday and I am so nervous. It will be my first day home with our newest addition.