Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Welcome to the neighborhood..

We just recently had new neighbors move in across the street that should I say are...normal.  We have been in this house since early 2006 and have always wanted to have neighbors that were around our age. I think Addison was just as excited as we were. She spent this past Saturday afternoon playing with her new friend for 4 hours. This family only has one kid who happens to be in Addison's school and she is the sweetest thing. I am already looking forward to summer when the kids can play outside and go between our house and their house. I had so many wonderful memories playing with the neighborhood kids. It was so nice to have friends that lived so close. I wanted to welcome them to the neighborhood with a nice "Welcome" gift. Jay thought it was a little much, but I know that I would have loved it if someone would have done that for us. What is wrong with bringing a smile to someone's face? I know where we live in a society that I feel everyone just keeps to themselves and aren't as willing to go out and meet people in their neighborhood. I get that, it is a different time that is for sure. I am just so thankful to have some new neighbors.

No comments: