Thursday, January 8, 2015

I am Enough!

I just watched the movie Moms Night out! Wow what an amazing good movie that was. The movie made me laugh, cry and just feel normal. I could relate well to the main character Ally. She was a mom with kids that was constantly trying to be enough for her kids and husband. She was also trying to be the perfect women she thought she should be.  I love how honest this movie is. I mean seriously how often do we beat ourselves up about every little thing.

-Did we feed our kid the best meals?
-Is our kid watching too much TV?
-Is our kid getting enough attention?
-Are we being the best wife we can be?
-Is the house clean enough?
-Look at that mom creating all these fun indoor activities for their kids, maybe I need to figure out more ways to entertain and educated my kids??!?!
-I need to prepare a nice meal for my husband every night
-I should participate in my children's school more
-Why don't I look like her?  She gave birth to 4 kids and looks that good?!? WTH


There are many days where I don't feel like I do enough for my kids. I, like Ally have always wanted to be married and to be a mom. This was my dream. I couldn't wait to have kids. There are just some days I feel like I am not doing a very good job at it.

There was a great line, well actually many great lines from this movie, but one that really stood out. Trace Adkin's character said this to Ally "It's beautiful to watch one of God's creations just doing what it was made to do. Ya'll spend so much time beating yourselves up. I doubt the good Lord made a mistake giving your kiddos the mom he did.  So you just be you, he'll take care of the rest."

Wow, right! I mean that line says it all.  Why is it that us moms tend to think we are not enough, because you know what if we weren't doing what we do things would fall apart! We are the ones that make our family run and stay on track. Think just for a second all that you do during the day from the moment you wake up till you go to sleep...I, for one can think of so many things I do between that time that if I didn't do them the day would be all out of sorts.  I think it is important to remember that WE are Enough, YOU are Enough!


No comments: