Saturday, March 31, 2018

Spring...No Break

We are at the end of our Spring Break. Last year the kids were spoiled and we went on the Disney Cruise with my parents. We usually don't go anywhere for Spring Break since we usually go to Florida in June. Well because of last year, my kids were wanting to know what we were doing for Spring Break this year.  I said we will be getting together with some friends, but mainly hanging around the house.

Now to a kid that sounds so boring, but to a mom that sounded heavenly. I loved not having to get up early in the morning before everyone else and get everyone ready. I am the one that makes sure everyone is up on time, dressed, fed and has everything ready for school. It has been nice to sleep in and slowly start our day. We have also been trying to limit the use of technology and I know to some parents that sounds awful especially it being break, but to me it was necessary.  I loved it! I was able to spend more time with my daughter. She is getting older and I know the days of her wanting to hang out with me are limited.

As much as I don't want this week to end, I know I don't have any control over it. I have to get back to work and the kids back to school. The next couple of months will be busy ones and before we know it, it will be Summer! Time is just flying way too fast. We all have to remember to just slow down, stop, and enjoy the little moments.

No comments: