Wednesday, March 14, 2018

Hope Mommies Retreat


I am sitting here right now listening to the Hope Mommies Retreat Playlist thru Spotify and letting the music fill my soul. This past weekend I had the pleasure of meeting other Hope Mommies, other women who have lost a baby. It is something that I never wanted nor would have I ever expected to experience. I have not been the same since losing Jayden, nor would I want to be that person I was.
After a weekend like the one I have experienced, I have so many more emotions that are flowing in me. I loved being around other mommies that understand what it feels like to lose a child. It is a place where I don't have to worry about getting weird looks or the sad face because in all honesty anyone that hasn't experienced a pregnancy loss doesn't get it.

I connected with 2 girls there that had also lost boys. I am thankful for them and connecting with them. Pregnancy loss is something that no one should have to experience, but as I have seen after losing Jayden it happens way too often.  I want to be able to help other moms create a place that is safe and they can celebrate their babies. The Hope Mommies Retreat is just once a year, I would love to have some place to go to more often.

I plan on doing more things to get me closer to Jayden and to God. I know that he is near, sometimes it is harder than others to feel him close, I know he is there.

#Iamahopemom


No comments: