Thursday, May 3, 2012

One of those days

Ever had one of those days where you just feel like no matter how much you clean, or pickup or think you are on top of things you turn around and see that the kids decided to pull out all the books and dump the puzzles on the floor? What mother hasn't experienced this one time or another? If you haven't well you are either not a mom or maybe you have a full time nanny/maid. I tell you it has been hard Jay has been out of town since Sunday and every thing has been thrown off. I know I am very lucky to have my parents live close by, but my children also act a lot different when they are with my parents. 

I would like to give you one example that I know my dad will love, but Austen never wanted to go to bed when we were at my parents. So instead of going to bed he would say no and say " No Mama, sit Ga and watch movie" he would then run up to sit with my dad in his chair get under the covers and put his arms behind his head. I am pretty sure my mom took at least one picture of this. Please don't get me wrong I am glad my kids love my parents, but it makes it difficult when it is time for them to do something that they don't want to. The grandparents can't help but love all the extra love they are getting.  

Another example, Addy has told me more than once that "I yell a lot, but that Nonna (my mom) never gets mad at her." Lovely, so glad I heard that two times now. I know it is hard since Addy is the oldest and maybe I do expect too much from her.  Although on second thought, I do not think it is too much to ask to just simply listen to her mother when I tell her not to run in the house, or to clean up or to just get back to bed that Nonna will be up soon. When I am around my parents it seems like my voice suddenly goes to mute and my kids only hear Nonna and Grandpa's voice. 

Finally we are to the day that Daddy comes back home and I am so ready for that time to come. I was trying to make the house look all nice for when he comes home, clean up the kitchen, put laundry away, get the kids all ready for bed and then two minutes later after all that happened Austen hit Addy with a train hard on her knee and all hell broke loose. Addy is crying cause her knee hurts and Austen is crying because he is in time out. His time is finally up, when I tell him to say sorry to Sissy, he says no. Of course, why should this be easy, finally they hug and I go into the other room to get the cookies out of the oven, yes you heard right, when I hear Austen say "Go time out" and he climbs back onto the time out chair oh but not before he has taken out all of the games under the couch.

I throw in the flag! I am done for the day! Kids win!

No comments: