Wednesday, April 22, 2009

New York Trip


Jay and I had the best time in NY. We pretty much saw the whole city in two days. Jay did a great job at making sure I got to see all the city's big sites. He took me to a typical NY Deli and it did not disappoint. They are very generous with the amount of meat they put on one sandwich. Wow! We also had yummy NY pizza, which also did not disappoint. So YUMMY! Thursday we did most of Lower Manhattan which included seeing The Statue of Liberty, Wall Street, South Street Seaport, Former site of the Trade Centers, Little Italy, Chinatown, Soho, Greenwich along with Madison Square Garden. By the end of the day our feet really hurt. Our hotel was just a half block from Times Square. Times Square was one of my favorite parts. There is just so much to see.

Friday we went down to Rockefeller Center, which was amazing! We got to see the Today show and saw Al, Matt and Natalie outside. The whole experience was amazing. The trip wouldn't have been complete without a stop to Dean and Deluca. For those of you that don't know Dean and Deluca was a major part of the show Felicity many years ago. Since I was a major Felicity fan it was fun for me to go there and have a coffee and eat breakfast. Of course the real Dean and Deluca looks nothing like the one on TV which I have to say I was a little disappointed about, but the coffee and doughnut made up for it. We also got to see the skating rink and that was cool to see too. One of the most memorable was when we were right in front of the 30ROCK building, we were just looking around and Jay just stopped and looked up and said "Hi Matt how is it going?", right when I heard that I looked up to Matt Lauer saying "Pretty good how are you?" as he walked into the building. I just sort of stood there and couldn't believe that Matt Lauer had just walked in front of us without anyone else seeing him! What an experience!! This whole trip was amazing! An added bonus was we got to see my good friend Darcie and her boyfriend Thursday night and then Friday thru Sunday we stayed with Jay's brother Bill's family in CT. It was the perfect trip for Jay and I to just get away. Here are just some of the pictures we took!