Monday, August 17, 2009

MEGA BLOKS



Yesterday Jay and I took Addison shopping for something since she got a gift card for her birthday. It really amazes me how many different things are out there now for kids Addy's age, it even more amazes me the people that pay the money for those things. We were really trying to let her pick out something that she wanted since she can tell us what she wants these days. Our mission was to find one of the Ni Hao Kai-Lan figures. She was on a mission to find a character named Hoho. Many of you readers may already be lost if your child isn't into the Noggin channel, okay I am losing you even more. Anyway we went on the search for this Hoho character who we later found out after having Addy point to the character on one of the boxes is a monkey. We looked all over for it and the only thing we could find was a Hoho stuffed character that you can latch onto a backpack and it was around $6. I couldn't believe that this little thing was $6. We let her hold it for awhile, but finally she got her interest into something else so we put it back.

The toy we were really looking to get Addy was some blocks, Legos to be specific, but Jay and I couldn't believe how expensive Legos are?!?! We decided to move on and look at another brand called MEGA BLOKS. I have seen these at a friend's house before and Addy really enjoyed playing with them so when I saw them in the store I was excited to see that Addison liked them too. They are pretty competitive in price and definitely more reasonable than Legos. The more we looked at Legos I noticed that even though they had sets for younger kids the pieces were still a little bit too small and could already see them getting lost.

We decided on the Mega Wagon in pink of course. This wagon came with 20 pieces which Jay and I both thought was more than enough blocks to start her collection. If parents out there haven't seen them or are looking for some blocks to get there child they should really look into the MEGA Brand lines. The MEGA Brand lines start out for ages 0 and up. I did some research on their website and found so many cute sets for babies to toddlers. One of the lines that I am very interested in is their Disney line, big surprise I know. They have the cutest sets and the best thing is there are no real little pieces. I am already looking into Christmas presents.

No comments: